Some people hide pain. Some exploit it. Some people wear it. I hate it. It makes me angry.
I get the valley and mountain concept. You've got to go low to appreciate the view from being high... but the lows can be so low. Low enough that, no matter the view it earns, the scar from the depth never leaves. Sure scars build character and all that rot, but... Sometimes you just want to take a flat step once in a while.
Not me. I'm perfectly happy. Complete really. Unexpectedly joy-filled. Happy to the point that I'm convinced (knock on wood) something bad is going to pop its nasty head around the corner long enough to remind me of reality. But there are people I know...
There are people I know who are fighting their way out of valleys they never deserved. Valleys dug and left by someone else. I wonder, is it more painful to hike out of your own holes or the ones someone else shoved you into? Also wondering: Is it possible that I can learn enough watching others climb to gain the view myself?
I've really always believed that the lower you go, the higher you get. The law of binary opposition. But there are some peaks I don't want to see, don't want to earn rather. So what's the binary opposite of pain? Love? Time, more like it.
...And to you, dear friends who are climbing, what can I do? I feel like I'm standing to far from your trail to hand you water, lift your pack, or say anything to console your trek. It's liking watching a race and believing that your will alone can push someone ahead, just enough, to win.
Climb, climb climb, climb, CLimB. Climb. CLIMB.

1 comments:
Climb.
Post a Comment