Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Withdrawals

Well, I am not handling my Ciara detox very well. I forgot how boring a regular day with no lunching, movies, and girl talk can be. I hope you had a good drive home Ciara. The thought of that drive, especially after a week of being away from home, just sounds EXHAUSTING.... all the while keeping up on the homework. I am so amazed by all of you, my friends. Ciara, you have so many responsibilities. My head was reeling after our talk at Nicole's, and... pretty much I do 1/100th of what you do! Not to mention Nicole going to school for 10 years!

Also, after all that nursing talk, Anika is refusing "lady milk" the last few days. WHAT?! It could be because her nose seems a little stuffy or ...maybe she's just over it. I would be totally bummed out if she was done, but I'm not about to argue with it. I guess we will see what happens here in the next few days, as she decides if she means it or not. I feel ever-so-slightly rejected. Help, I totally want another baby. What am I saying? Get yourself together Alana. As cute and snuggly as a newborn seems, I know I am suffering some sort of memory loss and/or distortion. Does anyone know the odds of two colicky babies in a row? Maybe I would get a happy, peaceful baby. I am going to wait a good long while before I have another but it IS amazing that my brain can even begin to go there after that whole nightmare. Sorry Nicole to horrify you the other night with bleeding and scabbed nipples, postpartum depression, and cauterized granular tissue, but I wish more people had shared reality with me.

My baby is all grown up :( Tear.

"My milk, my milk, my lovely lady milk..."

Oh yeah, girl talk must be powerful. Somehow weaning was magnetized to me, and somehow all that nursery talk magnetized a Primary calling to me... so thanks a lot girls! Yep, me and the B, Primary teachers... CTR 7 or something. This should be interesting with Anika missing nap. It's not like she gets a little cranky but more like: being unable to physically hold her in my arms as she writhes and wails as if I was misting her with muriatic acid. I'm going on faith and hoping for a miracle. Guardian angels: stand by and make my baby miraculously make it to 2:00 without a nap!

4 comments:

Nic said...

hey, that's the class q and I had for two years. You're right about the magnatizing. The next day in church, not 1 but 2 ladies got up and bore their testimony about how great nursery was (SERIOUSLY?!?!?!)

Can we stay up tell 3 am talking and eating ice cream every night? I'm suffering major withdrawls. Time to plan a party.

Clint, Brielle, Molly and Maggie said...

Alana Clint and I tought that class when they were 5yrs old. Good luck! They are handfulls, but really funny. You will have to tell me about that one for sure.

Ciara said...

I just happened to be there that day that two ladies spoke about nursery and Nicole and I just grinned at each other. I teach the CTR7 class too. I love the calling. Good luck!

Alana said...

I just found out last night that we have the CTR 5. As far as I'm concerned, the younger and less aware, the better! Squirellier, maybe, but able to whip a lesson out of thin air with no fear of judgement... worth it!

Brielle, are you guys still in the ward? I know you were looking to move, and we've hardly been around all summer, so I didn't know if you and Clint were still there?