Not depressed anymore. No more writing at midnight. You always read it in the morning and wonder why you just didn't go to bed or watch cable or something.
Brief history: Got my BA (for free- gotta love the scholarship). I think I have the same degree as Ashlynn's hubby because we had all the same classes. He was one of the normal ones. Really nice, always happy. Maybe that's not normal. I digress.
Got a double major in Advertising and Public Relations. Went to San Francisco to start my masters (DREAM DREAM DREAM). It is an art school- I got accepted into the creative ad program. That's when God stepped in. He literally said, "Go Home," and after I kept saying NO, He basically struck me with lightning. I went home and met Q that very night. We got married and then fell in love.
I never really got over it. I'm so selfish. Q said he would never live in a big city so I realized I'd have to do something else since small town ad is SOO not fun. I hate sales. He gave me New York and I went back to school. I started completely over and took out a BS in English Lit with a teaching endorsement which tacked another year 1/2 onto the dealio.
So here's the icing on the cake. No, I'm serious, not sarcastic.

On Wednesday there was a coupon for a free pizza in my box from Pier 49 pizza. They wanted to thank teachers. So I took the opportunity then and there to drive straight to the pizza parlor- wait- first I stopped for a snow cone- and say "you're welcome." I ordered an Alcatraz. San Francisco Irony? My life has now come full circle. I may never have my dream- but I can at least get a good sour dough pizza pie.
Plus, I get to spend my weekends at this luxurious retreat. PV is the bomb-diggity. I took some teacher friends up. Holy Cow- Why won't they put out the fire??? Forsythe is full of flames- there will be no quaking Aspin grove to hike through this year. We could literally see trees combusting from the back yard of the cabin. Love love love this place. Wanna go up next weekend?
About the snowcone: I saw this sign on the shack that said add cream for 75 cents. "What's this?" I pondered out loud. It was the MAKES IT LOOK LIKE A BIG SNOW MOUNTAIN phrase on the sign that finally sold me. Who wouldn't want a big snow mountain. I went full out- cream on top- and I didn't regret it. Any chance you have to add more calories you take it.

3 comments:
yum, I want one of those. I just took the ice cream out of the freezer to thaw to a scoopable texture. I think Brandon and I will be going to Pine Valley next weekend. I suppose we will see how I feel Sat morning after waiting tables on our busiest day of the year: day before the marathon. I'm loving all the posts. You are like me. I tend to post a bunch while cresting on a manic wave, then my brain flatlines until at least 7 days after my period. My blogging fests always involve late-night blogging that baffle me come morning. Midnight blogging, kind of like "drinking and dialing". Are we nothing but animals, susceptible to the slightest hormone fluctuations?
yes.
So volatle. Why mountains and valleys, why?
Ok thanks! Coby did PR & Interpersonal Communications. He had a hard time staying in St. G but we are doing it anyway. :)
Looking in on your life you seem to have had a good time having lots of experiences before you were married & after. I wouldn't feel bad about where you are, I am sure you will be much further ahead than I will ever be.
By the way - I got home from NJ from nannying & met Coby the next day & I came home 2 weeks early. Funny how that works out!
Post a Comment