Wednesday, September 10, 2008

HAPPY SUPERCOLLIDER DAY!





.


..It's also my nephew Jake's 20th birthday, which is funny because he and I have been calling it the "Hardon Collider" for 6 months now, ever since he saw it misspelled in the news. He said, "you can go as high as you like in scholarly fields, but never will you escape funny misspellings." Who is the lucky sucker that got to throw the switch today?

I don't know about you, but I'm rooting for the black hole... and not just some teeny guy. (What? "teeny" isn't an official term in particle physics?)

It's really the only merciful way to end this mess.

Good luck! I hope they find him!!! (Higgs boson) I started reading the book The God Particle years ago, but God kept being referred to as "She" and "Her" and it just wasn't doing it for me, so I quit half-way. Perhaps it could do it for you?

It's happening. It's really happening!

0 comments: