At the risk of offending any Table Tennis fans... I just can't say "table tennis" with a straight face. Brandon and I discovered it (ping pong!) last night around 2 am while up with a miserable child. Seriously, do these people really consider themselves Olympic athletes, or athletes at all? Perhaps we could have a little, mini, table version of every sport. Brandon is way into it and when I watch with him I am convinced I am watching an SNL skit. It's just not doing it for me.
I'll tell you what else is not doing it for me... the divers. I like the diving, yes, but just when a girl goes thinking she likes speedos, she sees a whole other species of men wearing them. I'm really not down with short divers on gaystrogen that hop immediately in to the shower with other men after their dive. Have you also seen them hop in to the hot tub? What is this?! Life lesson: all speedos are not created equal.... I'll stick with my 6'8" swimming and water polo hotties. I asked Brandon if I could get a poster of the US Water polo team for our bedroom. He laughed, especially when I showed him what it might look like... click here if you dare. Actually, I chickened out on the link as it might be a little too risque for this blog.
But hey, remember posters? I laugh just thinking about the whole notion of posters. I can't figure out if posters were an age thing (adolescence) or an 80's-90's thing. Does anyone know if kids these days still do posters? I'm interested in what posters you guys had back in the day. Brandon had a Karl Malone poster. I was such a poster girl... starting with the kitties from the book orders and maturing around 4th and 5th grade to New Kids on the Block. I also had a Debbie Gibson poster, a BUNS and Roses poster (just some guy in jeans holding roses with the "Buns n Roses" caption"), and my favorite... a Johnny Depp 21 Jumpstreet poster, which I majorly wish I still had. You just NEVER outgrow Johnny Depp. Come on girls, fess up! I know I can't be the only one that had a 90210 Luke Perry poster!
WEIRD: Buns n Roses triggered the surfacing of a repressed memory... My Guns n Roses Don't Cry single tape! Whoa, tapes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It played over and over for hours one night as I wrote sentences. Do you remember being punished in class by writing sentences? You girls may have been obedient students but I ALWAYS had to do that... that one night in particular (6th grade) I got sent home with orders to complete hundreds of sentences stating something to the effect of "I will not ???? blah blah blah in class." Can't remember. But I DO remember my Don't Cry (CLICK LINK) single tape. Still a great song! You just NEVER outgrow Guns n Roses. Axl Rose, I love you!!!!!!!!!!!! Few things still have the ability to make me seriously rock out and Guns n Roses is one of 'em. Another hilarious 6th grade flashback courtesy of Axl and Slash: Laying out at the park with my boom box (YES!! I said boom box!!!!!) listening to Paradise City ( CLICK LINK) I looove you Axl! They just DO NOT make rock bands like they used to!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the deepest abyss of my soul, I yearn to be a rock star!!!!!!!! Now all sorts of memories are flooding me and don't even tell me you can think 1991 without THIS coming to your mind. I wonder how many times I listened to this?! Do you remember exactly what you were doing when you heard about Kurt Cobain? Advanced art class... walking to the sink. Funny how things stick. I wish I could have experienced middle school with you guys!!!
P.S. Let's not forget that Cara dated US Water Polo players, one seriously. Poor Cara, she apparently got bored and moved on to the US Sailing team. Don't you just hate her? I guess I have some sympathy for her... can you imagine dating these guys and then moving to St. George? You just don't find THAT at singles night in the cultural hall. Talk about ruined (maybe even scarred) for life.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Table Tennis?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Even more memorable than these videos is bodysuits! Did you see that in that Don't Cry video? Please don't let bodysuits or high pants come back. I think I had a plaid bodysuit. sickness... especially when girls let a little thigh show between the bodysuit and jean. nasty.
Post a Comment