Monday, March 22, 2010

Dog Park

I'm going to try not to get into what I felt around 10pm last night. But it was bad. I knew it was coming. But it was bad.

Can we talk about Matheson instead? He came out 18 hours before the scheduled vote to say his would be NO. Really, Jim? You had to wait that long? Were you really undecided or were you just waiting for your master's command?

When he came out so late and with a NO, I just figured Pelosi had the votes she needed and would let some guys with hard-to-please mixed districts off the hook. When Pelosi needs him he sits up and begs like a dog. When she can get by without him, he is allowed off leash to vote as he will to keep his constituents dumb and happy. That way, he can come back in November and she can keep using him.

I'd like to think his vote was sincere but I'm just not buying it. How cynical am I? Could we please, pretty please, elect someone else this year?

0 comments: