Friday, March 5, 2010

Recorse

Ironic- Yesterday after I wrote that post, I was emailed the pictures of my new niece who was born while I was typing "no birth stories please."

Justification: Having a kid is a big deal. I'm glad when things go well for everyone.

Clarification: I don't mind hearing gory details about any operation. I don't shirk from blood and guts.

Validation: It's the gushing, of course everyone on the planet wants to hear this- even strangers- mushiness that doesn't interest me.

Application: I'm interested in my friend's stories because I feel that the worse the details sound, the better I'll be prepared when I go in and engage in the suffering.

-------------------------------------------

Moving On:

Today is the last day of 3rd quarter!!! I am sitting in 5th period whilst the kids watch "The Wave" and am thinking about all those days before now when I honestly questioned my ability to get to this point! Yipee!!! Spring Break officially starts in 6 hours and then it's downhill from here. I'm a little worried about losing the safety net of adding to our savings each month, but I am so excited and proud that I met my 3-year goal!

You should be here to experience the pandemonium in our district. Word out on the street (or in the faculty room) is that 70 teachers in our district will be laid off. At our school alone everyone is shifting subjects or being cut classes so they lose part of their salary and in some cases insurance. The Math teacher is going to have to teach Choir next year (which she has never done in 25 years but because she has a music minor....), the drama teacher is taking 3 of my classes... it's crazy! I feel like I'm watching a huge bloody wreck from the safety of my car window. There's nothing I can do, and since I quit-I'm not part of the wreck, but I can't take my eyes off it anyhow.

-----------------------------------------
Hawaii

I'm going to Hawaii tonight! Q and I are using our left over Brazil money to take his money to Kaui to see the Whales. It really didn't hit me we were going until yesterday when suddenly I realized Spring is upon us. I still can't believe we get to go! We got great deals by using points to buy half our airfare. We got a rental car for the week for only $150.00, and our condo right on the cliffs overlooking the whales was only $150/night for 5 of us. This may be our last big hoo-rah for a while seeing as how we will be absolutely poverty stricken come my last paycheck in August. Better enjoy it right? I'll be the whale watching the whales.

---------------------
Dear Alana

Can we become real friends again come June? You know, the kind that actually see each other every now and again instead of resorting to blogging to keep the friendship going?

Dear Ciara

Are you coming to SGU in March? (I hope)

3 comments:

Alana said...

yes, being real friends sounds perfect. can't wait. and wtf? hawaii? ohhhhhhhhhh, the jealousy! i will be fantasizing about that all week. have a ton of fun and take lots of pictures for us. and about your job- i'm relieve you jumped ship and don't have to stress about wondering where you'll end up. what a nightmare, it sounds like. congrats on spring break.

Ciara said...

Yes, I will be there for Spring Break. I have to admit I am a little disappointed that you chose Hawaii over me!

Alana said...

wait, ci, when are you coming? what dates?