Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Random Thoughts

  1. Can you believe I am still sitting in a classroom right now? I mean, after all this time- I am still sitting in class? I can't imagine what it will feel like to not be sitting in a class.
  2. I am close to splurging on the Uppa Baby Vista 2010. Frivilous?
  3. I am currently married to an older man and it feels way sexy... well it did, until Q pointed out that he is always older than me. The really took some wind out of those sails.
  4. I had a confrontation with a belligerent student before 8:00 am this morning. That can't be a good sign for how today will pan out.
  5. I can live with lime green.
  6. Will I ever be skinny again? I can't imagine what it will feel like to tuck my shirt in!
  7. (hours later) What if I threw up in front of 3rd period right this moment?
  8. What is the weather like in New York right now?
  9. Bras are torture devices made to perpetuate sexism.
  10. 4 days to Spring break. Survive. Survive.

8 comments:

Alana said...

1- I can't even remember what a classroom is like. Soon, you won't either!

2- Do it. You will keep it forever. I remember seeing nothing but bugaboos in Central Park. And the 'opares' pushing them.

3- I am digging older men too. Brandon is going to be 34 this year. weird.

4- not a good sign at all.

5- I want to see your apartment reno.

6- About an hour after you deliver, you will feel anorexic. You still have a belly but the second that baby is out your body starts dumping its extra fluid from your cells and honestly... you will feel like the skinniest person alive. Then you will look in the mirror and wonder why you still look six months pregnant. Don't worry, though. The baby weight comes off quickly. My problem was that I lost it all and then started putting it back on when she was 4 months.

Alana said...

7- that would send 'em runnin' for the hills.

8- cozy.

9- I am constantly uncomfortable, 24 hours a day. I want a burka.

10- Yay! You can do it!

Alana said...

I'm listening to Anika on the monitor right now. She's in her room trying to take a nap. She's singing Subway's 'Five Dollar Foot Long' song. What a weirdo. Nap doesn't look promising. Why, Anika, why? Why do you have to give up your nap? My world as I know it is coming to an end.

Ciara, does Herbie take his nap still? I keep trying and trying and Anika just sits in her room and talks and talks. I let it go on for an hour before I go get her out. HELP! I used to live for her nap time.

Alana said...

wait a sec... all is quiet on the western front. i don't hear her. oh please, oh please... keep your fingers crossed.

Alana said...

nope, still awake. someone, help me.

Alana said...

guess i'll go get her up. i know exactly what she will say...

"i awake mom"
"no nap today"
"no sleeping"

Ciara said...

Alana, Herbie quite napping back in October. Well, really I wouldn't allow it anymore because he wouldn't go to bed at night when he did take a nap. I know exactly how you feel about losing naptime. It is a time that you cherish because you can recoup and breathe. When they stop, you fight it and you have anxiety over it because you just don't want to give up your precious hour or two alone and you try to force it upon them and then you eventually come to terms with it and move on to a new phase in life. That is when you instill quiet time in place of a nap and it sounds like she is already really good at that. I say if she is content to sit in her room and sing and play that I wouldn't fight it. She probably enjoys that time if she is isn't screaming. Herbie can't stand being alone and has to be with someone or entertained by someone.

Alana said...

sometimes she asks to take a nap and then just sits in there and babbles. i think she does like the quiet time alone to just think and what not. nap really is a time a mom cherishes. it really broke up the day into manageable bits. ah well, i suppose it's time to give it up. it's kind of nice in a way because then she goes to bed much earlier.