Tuesday, June 17, 2008

1 or 2 naps?

Ciara, maybe you could help me out. Does Herbie take 1 or 2 naps? Anika has been taking a morning and an afternoon for so long now but I think is transitioning to 1 afternoon nap. I think this is about the age that some start to cross over but I am reluctant to give up morning nap! (not like it's my choice). All of the sudden she will have a long morning nap and just play when I put her in her crib for afternoon nap. Today she played in her crib for morning nap and went down at 1pm for afternoon. Hopefully, it will be a really long one. Anyway, since Herbie's the same age, I am dying to know what his schedule is like. I'm trying to go with the flow, but this is really throwing me. I checked out a book on healthy sleep habits from the library. I read it when she was 9 months but I need a refresher on THIS age. I think it's the transition phase that's tough.

4 comments:

Kelli Eudis said...

I know Drake was about Anika's age when he started taking one nap. He usually goes down about 1 pm and sleeps a 2-3 hours.

Alana said...

That's exactly what Anika did today... 1-3:30. I am missing the old days of 2 naps already.

Ciara said...

Alana

I am back. Been at Girl's Camp for a whole week. Herbie still takes two naps. But eventually he will only have a long afternoon one. The transition is tough but once you get used to the new schedule you will like it. I remember that Sage used to take a 3hour afternoon nap but I don't remember when it started. This is where intuition comes in because you will just have to read her mood.

Alana said...

Girls camp sounds like fun right now. Who watched Herbie? It was probably work but also a break from the kiddies??? Yeah, the transition is what's going awry. Some days it's 2 naps, sometimes its 1... depending on when she wakes up. It seems like 2 is impossible but 1 isn't enough. Anyway, I can't wait for you guys to come on down. Nicole said they changed the reunion date? That is so lame because you already had your trip planned. What ever will you do?