
Holy Cow- I used hairspray today for the first time in... I don't remember. I went to my mom's and she wasn't ready yet, so I just thought I'd try a little of my dad's hairspray (he has more hair products then Pauol Mitchell). Anyway, hairspray is wonderful! Since we've been married, it is a luxery I have refrianed from buying. Actually, we just can't afford it. We come down to the penny each month so I had totally forgotten what wonders this amazing little can can do. My hair looks amazing! I even liked what I looked like in the mirror at Christensens! CHRISTENSENS!!! That's seriously a once in a blue moon experience.
Other luxuries we avoid:
-grown up toothpaste (quinn got an entire box of this red kid stuff from his sister who is a hygenist and we've been using it for five years). I hate it, but do you have any idea how much toothpaste costs?
-Flour and sugar and other basic baking ingredients. (I don't cook anymore- I'm not sure what we eat, but I do know food is expensive)
-bread. I figured out that if I just bought english muffins, they could double for bread, hamburger buns, and breakfast all in one. It's a win win win situation.
-AC before June 1st. Seriously, our candles mettled before we lit them. Do you know how hot SGU gets before June 1st?!?!
-beef. Unfortunately Quinn got an Elk this season. It's elk stroganoff, elk sloppy joes, elk enchiladas, elk steak, elk roast, elk EVERYTHING. Needless to say, I've had my elf fill for a lifetime.
-Soap. Don't worry, I still all those little soaps from hotel rooms whenever we travel. I also managed to talk my cousin in law out of her soap win in Bingo at the Christmas Party so we're set for another few weeks.
-chapstick. Never underestimate the many and varied uses of vaseline!

Luxuries I CANNOT live without:
-brand name cream cheese!
-Designer shampoo and conditioner (no matter the cost)
-books Books BOOKS
-Gas
-Cable (someday I'll give it up- but for now, BRAVO baby!)
-internet shopping, blogging, and banking

2 comments:
Yum, english muffins, it's been awhile. Hair spray has been even longer...since I was 8 and did the side pony tail...elk, hasn't been too long. The worst was when we had to eat moose for a year... moosages, moosteak. I've thought myself of getting a cow elk tag just for the meat... so much leaner and cheaper. Elk enchiladas???? Nos THATS a new one!
I see everyone is getting a taste of subsistence living. That is Alaska living for you Moose burgers, Caribou Steaks and Bear Stew. Never ate beef until well into my 14th year of life and still really don't like it.
Post a Comment