Thursday, June 12, 2008

CREEPED OUT

Oprah is on and I'm feeling a little creeped out. I love nap time. Who knew a day would come again when I could e-mail, watch Oprah, and eat Gardettos? Anyway, it's about the book The Secret. Haven't read it but I get the basic idea because I hear about it everywhere. It's about the law of attraction and how we magnetize things into our life. I had just finished filling out my profile on this blog and noted the book One by Richard Bach as a favorite book. It got me thinking about his other books I've read and I remembered his book The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah, which is pretty much the same idea... about magnetizing things to ourselves. Richard Bach always gets a little physical/mystical... which I love. Anyway, I am in total shock. Twice within the last month the term Quantum Physics has been mentioned on Oprah. The first time was when Dr. Oz was talking about past-life regression via hypnotism. He briefly mentioned Superluminal Quantum Connectedness and my mouth fell open. My aren't we evolving!!!! The world is becoming so much more open to these things that have been known for years. We are getting past Newton!!! It is so exciting to me because science really is Mormon Doctrine. I see truth in all things and think our religion is so descriptive and scientific... mormonism is so intricate and detailed, and we have so much doctrine. Consciousness brings matter into being. Matter can be disobedient! I wrote my final philosophy paper at Dixie College on just this subject. Do you gals remember that class... I think we all took it together. My paper was titled "Quantum Physics meets Eastern Mysticism". Schrodinger's cat, conscious matter, the double-slit experiment, the un-caused first cause. I coined God the "self-actualizing actualizer", and am proud to say, I got an "A". Wow, sorry to blab... but I get so excited about these things. I think the universe wants me to read The Secret. But seriously, I am so excited for the world that we are spiritually evolving. Daytime talk shows used to be all cheating husbands and gastric bypass surgery.

Do you think you could have told someone 500 years ago that one day there would be a tool you could use to instantaneously speak to someone on the other side of the world? He would have thought it was impossible... that it would be magical to do so. I don't believe in magic, or miracles even in some sense of the word. I just believe that we don't understand everything yet. But we're getting there! I believe prayer and faith are literal powers, that God is a literal embodied man and is physically somewhere right now. I believe in psychic or non-speech and non-present communication. I've had my own visions and experiences that prove this to me, beyond doubt. This isn't just magical hocus pocus, but just "higher math". These spiritual things are happening in a physical sense, just as God himself must obey the natural laws. Obedience really is our freedom and power.

I could go on for days because I just get so pumped. Sorry to be so enthused... I'm probably not making any sense. I just love to see truth EVERYWHERE I look.

OK, I just realized something else that climaxed my mind on this very thematic day. I talked to my nephew Jake a couple hours ago and he just finished his last final for this year at UCI... Quantum Physics. Why is this the theme today? Did I bring this upon myself? Literally?

P.S. Let me take a moment to brag about Jake. He is a registered card-carrying member of MENSA. He and his brother Ian are the wittiest people I know. He's a red-head, has his own radio show, took and passed the LSATs with flying colors just for kicks, and is lucky enough to be madly in love right now with a gorgeous girl that is his soul mate. I'm such a proud Auntie. My other nephew is just as awesome and genius, and I think he will be an inventor. Holy moly, I'm one step away from carrying pictures of them in my wallet and showing them off. Thank you for bearing with me.

I'm pretty sure I drank too much Diet Coke... Cara got me a BIG one at Del Taco and I feel like I'm on speed.

6 comments:

Alana said...

Diet Coke has now worn off and I've realized what a rant I went on today. I was thinking some more about this tonight and how I was saying mormonism is scientific, and then I mentioned spiritual evolution. Some people have a real problem with real evolution and how to bring it into harmony with religion. I really don't see the problem here... I mean, do we actually think we can know everything that's going on???? The fact is, biological life DOES evolve... evolution is a scientific fact... now to what extent I don't know. In the olden day Mormon church some people, even Brigham Young were preaching about the earth being peopled before Adam. Boy, that Brigham Young said some weird stuff. All I know is somehow God got us here and for a purpose. I am completely okay with leaving the rest unknown. We're not meant to know everything... thus faith. I'd like to hear what all of you people think about this subject. Does anyone see a problem with aligning science and religion. As for me, if I'm going to believe either, they have got to be congruent. Maybe there is still Diet Coke in my system. Maybe I shouldn't be a JackMormon and quit my caffeine? Believe me, I've tried. One thing at a time.

Alana said...

Speaking of prophets saying weird things, this is my all-time fave!!! I'm still trying to figure this one out. The olden day Mormon church... they said some strange things and I can't figure out if its just the olden days that were weird or what. Conference was much more doctrinal. Now the church is so big that it seems they are pretty broad in their talks. I wouldn't call this quote "doctrinal"... but I'd call it hilarious and psycho and if someone can shed some light on this I would be sooo pleased. It was Heber C. Kimball in the SL Tabernacle:

"There are some ladies who are not happy in their present situations; but that woman who cannot be happy with one man, cannot be happy with two, and a man that is not happy with one wife, cannot be with two, even though they are good women. You know all women are good, or ought to be. They were made for angelic beings, and I would be glad to see them act more angelic in their behaviour. You were made more angelic, and a little weaker than man. Man is made of rougher material, to open the way, cut down bushes, and kill the snakes, that women may walk along through life, and not soil and tear their skirts. When you see a woman with ragged skirts, you may know she wears the unmentionables, for she is doing the man's business, and has not time to cut off the rags that are hanging around her. From this time hence forth you may know what woman wears her husband's pants."

I think I wear the "unmentionables"... my husband's pants. Please tell me that this is just the olden days talking... it really freaks my mind.

Alana said...

I think I'm having a manic swing. Can you tell?

Kelli Eudis said...

I've never heard that quote, but I think it's olden days personally. And I agree with your "rant." And what you said about things being just magic hocus pocus, your right about it being a "higher math." It's an interesting and deep subject and we will never fully understand it in this life. Have you ever thought about the dinosaurs. I believe they never lived on this earth. This earth isn't millions of years old. Christ created the earth with matter. Fossils are found on this earth because they were part of the matter that was used to create our earth. Talk about random, you could go on for hours about things like this. Is that okay I just typed all of that? If anyone else reads this they'll probably think i am crazy.

Alana said...

No way, not crazy. I love the theory and I think its exciting to know we aren't told everything. My testimony has come so powerfully in so many ways that nothing could ever talk me out of it. I love to speculate on the unknown, while still holding close to what we are told and what we do know. Thanks for your comments Kelli. I'm glad someone out there doesn't think I'm crazy... or do you? :) Honestly, I think I might be.

Nic said...

OK, where do I start. Real live adult conversation? What's that? First: On science- I believe that religion explains science. Of course evolution exists, I just think that the thing people are missing is that God's hand is behind evolution. Evolution isn't spontaneous combustion- It's celestial propulsion.
Next: You're totally right: metaphysics are our way of explaining a future of possibilities we can't imagine, but is still familiar because infinity does not conform to time, where events are sequenced. Metaphysics is probably the kind of technology God uses and we are just practicing with the lesser stuff here on earth before we can handle the advanced method of communication. The thing is- We still feel metaphysics because, even though we haven't mastered it- or been granted it's full powers by God, it still exists in the natural world and therefor cannot be denied existence.
Finally: Do you still have that paper? Post it!!! I'd love to read it! I remember that class being the first real time I was jealous of you. You always recieved effortless A grades on your papers because you're so dang self-realized and spectulative, while I struggled for B grades because I was so immature and close minded. Oh to go back and tell myself everything I know now... then again, you couldn't pay me to relive one day of my life. I've earned every second it took me to get here.