Thursday, October 9, 2008

Lame

I have been waiting months to purchase some drapes for our bedroom. I waited forever so I could get the ones I REALLY wanted- heavy linen, lined, grommets, my dream! I opened one panel. Gorgeous. I started getting the next panel out but quit to look for an open window. I smelled serious cigarette smoke. Finding no window I started to think maybe Alex's ghost was visiting me and said aloud "Oh, hi Alex." Brandon, with much less a fanciful imagination, said "maybe it's the curtain." WT??? It was!!! Ooooh, I was so ticked. I waited so long so I could get what I thought would be quality, from Pottery Barn no less, and they sent me something that some smoker must have returned!

Not done. The duvet was in some strange packaging and I thought it must have been returned too. Fine, don't mind.... BUT- it had a big snag in the fabric that will disintegrate with the first wash. Maybe they do, in fact, ship things from a barn. They scheduled a free UPS pick-up tomorrow and are shipping replacements.


Short of calling for a boycott, please echo with me:
Oh no they dit-ten.

2 comments:

Nic said...

Serious??? Pottery Barn is the last strong hold. The last great American brand not tainted by some teen pop star mini-bopper with a team of propaganda marketers behind her.
Sure, AIG failed, the gov. bailed them out, and Obama is calling for a leathal capitol gains tax... but this, this really scares me to the core. America is doomed.

Alana said...

I KNOW! YOU ARE CRACKING ME UP!!! I NEED TO GET BACK ON THE BLOGGING BANDWAGON. MY BRAIN HAS FLAT LINED.