Real conversation 4 minutes ago:
Meg: "Stop singing Christmas songs Nicole, it's Halloween."
Me: "I know, but if I sing them long enough, it will be."
I don't even think it's the holiday that I'm so excited about. I never have a problem holding off until after Turkey Day. Honestly, I think it's the thought of putting my time in and getting it done. Everything I do is planned in months: Months tell the 2nd mortgage is paid off (5), months tell summer (7), Months tell we refinance (11), Months tell big trip to Thailand (13), Months tell I get to retire and become a stay-at-home mom....
You get the picture. I'm just putting in my time. Earning my stay-at-home momness. Working like a dog. Being as patient as is excritiatingly humanly possible. Months, months, months, one day at a time.
"You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout, I'm telling you why..."
Trying to be a good girl... so when this whole teaching middle school is over... or at least easier... and someday, when sunday nights are not masses of dread and despair, I'll appreciate it.
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Logic
Posted by Nic at 11:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
sorry it took so long to make it align on the left. I forgot. That was annoying. Do we need a new background?
Did you watch gen conference? Because I think I recall a talk on living for today and not looking so far ahead because then we end up having empty yesterdays. Just something to think about.:)
I personally dig the monotone brown background.
I just watched the World Trade Center movie tonight and it made me think of you in New York. That is a sad movie. I cried the whole time.
I loved that talk. How is it that conference always gets better and better every time???
Post a Comment