Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Lately

A, where are you?? I feel lost without you.  I'm compulsively checking to see if you're still incognito.  It's camping isn't it?  Blast that camping.  

Just wanted you to know that I'm basically suffering a mental health stress breakdown without your regular insight.

As for me... last night I ditched Dancing with the Stars and went to Tuacahn to freeze to death.  Lucky for me, I brought my trusty snow parka.  I pulled myself deep inside of it and took in a big wiff of nothing less than New York.  In one breath I was suddenly taken back to a little Mott street, some Upper East side in the rain, and Battery Park.  There may have been cold gusts on the great lawn and fresh sewer steam from eden alley too. Lately I've been longing for NYC like those baby cows by our apartment that get separated from their mommas.  I haven't started wailing yet... but I'm close.

4 comments:

Alana said...

Nope still around. Camping is this weekend, though I think we may not go now that Brandon isn't going. I'm eating a donut right now. Maple bar. How gross am I?

Alana said...

stupid pottery barn again... they sent me the replacement panel and it's longer than the other one. I think the other one was shrunk by someone. Lame Lame Lame. I'm returning it all and getting cheapo ones.

Alana said...

oh yeah... I think we DO need a new background. I am just about sick of the one we've got. Thanks for aligning on the left.

Alana said...

Forgot to tell you... We are so dumb because we thought the cows were crying one year because the farmer didn't feed them. So... like the dummies we are, we rounded up some people and went over there in the dark and a lightning storm, climbed up into the hay truck, gathered pitchforks and started chucking hay at the cows. About 1/2 hour into this we realized it was because they separate the mothers from the babies in the fall. How dumb am I? I do not miss living there come this time of year. Poor Janna... she practically shares a wall with those cows!