Two things bothered me today:
First: That Obama said, "the problem with America is that incomes aren't keeping up with the cost of living and Americans aren't spending as much anymore."
The Second: I can't remember right now but it had to do with some sort of metaphor and I'll post it as soon as it enters my brain (which will be 3 am of course).
Why this bothered me: That people cheered because he called this a "problem." The real problem isn't the fact that salaries aren't keeping up with the cost of living... It's that the cost of living needs to stop rising and surpassing the average income. I may be your average town idiot, but honestly, shouldn't we STOP spending to get out of this mess? Greed, materialism, and buying before earning is what got us here in the first place, right? Dumb people. Do they not realize that the $$$ will come from somewhere, and if it doesn't, the debt will cripple our children, feed communist China, and force us to beg handouts via exports/imports with our enemies (are you thinking Russia right now like me? I know Iran is)? Oh wait- that's already happening.
I've gotta stop watching CNN. It's just that I bought a gym pass and the only thing playing when I run the treadmill is Bill O'Reilly and co. 5 televisions in front of me and you'd think one, just one, of them could be tuned to food network. hmph: gyms.
One show I will boycott for the rest of my life: The View. If you don't know why, just forget it. It will make you livid mad. And what the.....? Where the heck is Glenn Beck when we need him most? Scottsboro is a conservative my butt!
Enough. No more CNN for me. It's John and Kate plus Eight from here on out. Talk about effective birth control...
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Posted by Nic at 10:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Alana, if you're looking for 3 nights in a row: Stop by the parental's tomorrow night for an exclusive viewing of "The Mummy Daddy." I promise- you won't regret it!!! We could even whip up some sugar cookies.
Looks hilarious but I am taking Anika to Grandma's and around da hood trick or treating. Oh, wait, perhaps after she goes to bed???
Two things:
The View makes me cringe. Used to watch it... until Rosie. Even though she's gone I still can't stand it now.
But... I love O'Reily. I watch him almost every night.
No Pinheads.
Full Circle: Did you see replays of O'Reily ON the View?
I love Bill O'Reily too! Anyone that can make Barbara Walters and Joyce look like the biased not wits they are, uncovering their disguise of wholesome role model, earns my immense praise.
Hey guys... Sorry to intrude on the JNAC blog...
This is for Ciara...
Did you by chance get the email I sent you?? Just want to make sure!!
Love ya girl!!
Jacy
Post a Comment